HardieBacker EZ GRID® 6 mm for floors
Have confidence that your job will last – resisting rot, swelling and warping when exposed to moisture – when you choose HardieBacker 6 mm. It’s the water-resistant cement backerboard that works perfectly with all types of tile or natural stone flooring.
Our light, easy-to-cut, no-mesh board features our exclusive EZ Grid® recessed pattern, making installation even easier. Install it over an existing timber floor or in conjunction with underfloor heating to optimise heat efficiency. The slim-line 6 mm elevation prevents floor build up and minimizes the transition between floors.
HardieBacker 6 mm with MouldBlock™ Technology is the durable water and mould resistant alternative to plywood for tiling on floors. Just like HardieBacker 12 mm, it has excellent adhesive properties, ensuring that whatever ceramic or stone tile you use, it will hold strong with applied weights of up to 100 kg/m².
- Hardiebacker contains MouldBlock Technology™, an anti-mould additive that prevents unseen mould growth behind the walls. It contains no paper facing, a food source for mould or gypsum, which can disintegrate with continuous water exposure.
- Unlike plasterboard, HardieBacker board has a unique cement formulation providing a strong bond to all ceramic or natural stone tiles for applied weights of up to 100kg/m2.
- It is non-combustible and carries an A1 fire rating. HardieBacker 12mm can also be used on the floor when additional height is needed, behind a boiler, or even behind a multi-fuel or log burning stove.
Benefits of HardieBacker
- 90% portland cement and sand
- No loose aggregate or filler
- Highest flexural strength and up to three times the compressive strength of competitive cement boards
- Each board covers 0.96 of a square metre.
- Each 6mm board weighs 9KG
- HardieBacker does not need to be sealed and can be tiled straight onto. Just wipe down the boards first with a damp cloth to remove any surface dust.
- Fix HardieBacker® cement backerboard sheets on walls with HardieBacker screws for wood or for metal (as the substrate dictates) on all supporting studs at 200mm vertical centres. Keep fixings 15mm from vertical edges and 50 mm up/down from horizontal edges.
- Easy to cut to any size: just score and snap
- Clean cuts allow edges to align tightly
- Less dust and debris when cut
- Unique formulation with MouldBlock™ Technology provides outstanding mould and moisture resistance
- Excellent heavy tile adhesion
- Customer Reviews
- Customer Questions
- Product Specifications
Now: £549.00 each